Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Metapost: Names

I've got a problem: there are going to be far too many people in this story. The only name I'm really happy with thus far is "Leah", but that's because the story is about Leah, and I knew her character before I had even started writing the story.

All the other names in the story have been invented on the fly, and I've already felt somewhat stretched. So, I need your help. Put as many names as you can into the comment list. First names, last names, name combinations. Make them have different flavors and everything. Then, when I use one, I can cross it off and keep track of who is doing what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suck at names too. I suck especially badly because I don't want to use the names of my friends because they'll get confused and think I'm writing about them in some way. But that doesn't apply to you, so here is a list of some of my friends' names.

Edward Kupershlak
Andrew "Chiz" Chizhik
Fred Hong Tan
Ryan Keller
Emanuel "Mani" Cavalieri
woah Chen
Lee Tantral
Laura Katt
Inessa Gelfenboym
Jen Chung

Also, here are some name-generating things:

http://www.kleimo.com/random/name.cfm
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/games/mudnames

Hope this helps.

Ethan

Eric said...

Excellent. Thanks for the names. I'll probably use them in some upcoming episodes. For the record: Mitsunori was my name in high-school Japanese class (standard practice in language classes, they make you take a new, appropriate name).