Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Blessings

I finally went to the dentist yesterday, after something like a six-year hiatus. But I figure, now that I have basic dental coverage as part of my student health insurance (thanks to the Graduate Student Union), I can go back. I tell you what, I was concerned. Six years without a checkup? I was convinced that I was going to end up with dentures and braces.

So, I had my xrays done, and the dentist takes a look at them. He chuckles and calls over the hygenist. "Look at this!" So naturally, I'm thinking 'Yikes!', but then he goes on to say, "Have you ever seen roots go that deep?" The hygenist says no and chuckles too. They're laughing about my freakish teeth. Turns out that between the deep roots and curiously strong enamel, my teeth are just fine. Long after the rest of my body has become dust, my teeth will still be in good shape. I think I am going to get back on the fitness wagon, so the rest of me can enjoy my wonderful teeth for a long time.

No comments: