Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Isolate

When I moved to the San Francisco area, I ended up in a town called Pittsburg. Not Pittsburgh, which is in Pennsylvania, but Pittsburg. Look at a BART map and follow the yellow line to the end, really it was closer to Sacramento than San Francisco, I didn't even get SF radio. It really felt like the end of the world, behind my apartment building was undeveloped sere grasslands.

Each day I would get up before sunrise and make my two hour way to my job. By the time I got home, it was dark. I spent weekends with my girlfriend, so I went two months without seeing my home in the sunlight. When I finally did, the parched brown hills behind my building had become green and verdant in the winter rain. I still haven't gotten the hang of California seasons.

No comments: