Friday, May 14, 2004

Rapture

"When the rapture comes, some people are going to float right off into heaven." This guy Michael (not Mike or Mikey) who lives in my building was talking to me as I grilled a steak or two on the front porch. "But, you can't get into heaven wearing your clothes, right? So they're going to leave their clothes behind." He looks up. "So maybe, it is already happening. You see pants on the sidewalk, shoes in trees, and you don't think anything of it". A bloodshot eye pins me to my steak. "So next time you see a pair of jeans that some indonesian kid was paid a nickel to make laying on the ground, look up. You might see a naked dude floating above you." That was the last time I talked to Michael. He kind of disappeared soon after. I wonder if he still has his pants.

No comments: