Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Originality

"You think you've thought of something new, and then bam, somebody tells you it is not only old hat, but sophomoric." Darryl is pretty upset. He was really proud of that whole two hypothesis thing, but then he went and saw the movie Signs. Same idea shows up there. So he's peeved. "Funny thing is, though, we both thought of the same idea, independently. Does that mean we're on a vibe, or maybe that we've gotten something, I mean really gotten something, something fundamental, something important." He looks up from his matress on the floor, I'm standing in the doorway. "When a bunch of people all think of the same thing independently, it is either because of something ingrained in them or something ingrained in the environment. I suppose it could be a coincidence, but wouldn't it be cool if it wasn't?" I shrug and head off to my room to watch an action flick.

No comments: